Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Eleventh Hour Studio Fun

Yesterday was a busy day, with several metaphorical brush fires popping up requiring my attention.

A number of intentions fell by the wayside, and I thought painting might also get postponed. Then, unexpectedly, a little pocket of spaciousness opened up as the day was coming to a close.

In the process of looking through my studio supplies to see if I had any watercolor paper, I bumped into an 18 x 24" sheet of high quality drawing paper which I'd covered several years ago with a monochromatic 'chaos layer' of greens. Evidently, I tucked it back into the pad of paper from which I'd extricated it, so I could find it and play with it yesterday!

I forgot to photograph before chopping it up but here's an after-the-fact photo.




In short order, I did a bit of veiling



and then got down to the business of neurographic doodling. SO calming and engaging. The dimensions of this piece are very satisfying to me, as is the piece as a whole. Nonetheless, I'm thinking I'll continue to play with it, to experiment with the neurographia in new-to-me ways. 

Stay tuned.



work in progress
4 x 8.5"; acrylic and ink on drawing paper



6 comments:

carol edan said...

Posting with my tablet. Using Esconia search engine, a non carbon engine. Chrome still wants me to "sign in" when I am signed in. Try it!
Green sky, white clouds, where will this fly?

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Wow, I'd not heard of Ecosia till now. Thanks for introducing me!

Not sure where this painting will fly. I've begun fiddling with it and I quickly landed in a place of regret. BUT, now that I've already lost what I was so liking, there's nothing left to lose so I'll probably be more venturesome/experimental/exploratory than I would otherwise be : )

Sheila said...

Staying tuned :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Attunement. Let's do it!

Simone said...

The layers of soft green background and black 'definite' lines work really beautiful together!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, thanks for the visual language feedback—your observations support where I have since taken this piece after some stumbles

Post a Comment