Friday, May 20, 2022

Sap Rising

The first time I tried my hand at neurographic art, I used a 'fat' chisel-point Sharpie marker in keeping with the YouTube demo I'd happened to see. However, because I was working with my granddaughters at their house and we had only one chisel-point among us, I switched to fine-point pens and then just kept using them out of habit, especially since I was working on paper that was more often than not only 4.5 x 6".

Today, though, I have an idea that involves focus on the drama of spring when, in a very short time, after months and months of stark tree trunks and bare branches, sap starts rising and foliage pops out to completely change our living environment. 

First, I need to doodle bare branches. 

A chisel-point volunteers for the job.



experiment in progress



6 comments:

Sheila said...

:)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

: )

Simone said...

This neuro-art seems so 'satisfying' to do (a bit like zendoodles). Beautiful, organic structure!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I'm fascinated that my chance introduction to neurographic art became a compelling and heart-opening gateway to regular creative activity.

Thanks for your comments, Simone.

carol edan said...

The bare branches have already been filled with the glory of spring!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, thanks for commenting and bringing me back to these bare branches. I'm wanting to try my hand at more branches now.

Post a Comment