Friday, May 6, 2022

Undercurrents

Saw a piece of art online that sparked me to want to try my hand at creating something in the same vein. That quickly became a non-starter.

Turned my paper over to its unused side and instead moved my pen very unhurriedly and intuitively until I had a relatively simple doodle in place. 

Started rounding corners.



Rounded more corners and emphasized a central design of some density set in a less dense visual field.



Rounded yet more corners, letting one mark lead me to the next, watching to see what would evolve. 

While vernal magnificence is expressing itself abundantly in the great outdoors, it is evidently not doing so quite fast enough for me—my doodling and coloring point to undercurrents of an inner impatience for lilacs to bloom.



Its Sweet Time of Readiness
4.5 x 6"; ink, acrylics, and oil pastel on drawing paper
abstract floral
2022



6 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the beginning. Ouuu - the middle. Ah-HA, the end. Hahaha :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Gotta love the story arc : )

Simone said...

Lovely to be back and see all your blogs again!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, thank you! So happy to 'see' you today!

carol edan said...

Perfect Spring melody!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Carol! Lilacs are ever-moving towards bloom but aren't there yet in my neighborhood. Soon, though : )

Post a Comment