Monday, May 16, 2022

Afternoon Fix

I reach a point nearly every day now where I feel a hankering to get my creative fix via restorative neuroart.

Today:

Grabbed a piece of unsolicited mail printed on good card stock. Turned it to its blank side.

Reached for my container of ink pens.

Cast my eyes about for something I could use as a reference for a sketch, wondering how blind contour drawing and the rounding-the-corners nature of neuroart might marry.

Way fun.

Love the organic unavoidable imprecision of blind contour drawing.

Love the inner hush that comes from the neuroart practice of smoothing all the linear intersections.

Love this little sketch.



A Kind of Miracle, I'd Say
3.25 x 8"; ink on card stock
abstract blind contour sketch
2022



8 comments:

Carolyn said...

A marriage made in heaven! I love this! And can't wait to see where it will go next!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carolyn, thanks for your blessings! I love this little piece, and I'm happy for your encouragement to keep pairing blind contour drawing w/ neuroart sensibilities : )

carol edan said...

What a wonderful combination of line, landscapes, figures and neuorologia. Your imagination is amazing!

Simone said...

It's absolutely magnificent, what you're doing with those few lines!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, thank you! The gift of blind contour drawing is its bypassing a bunch of my left brain inclinations : )

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, thanks for your feedback about 'those few lines'—it felt so good to keep limits in this little piece and to allow for ample white space. I'm grateful for your cheerleading!

Sheila said...

LOVE :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila. I smile each time I see this one : )

Post a Comment