Friday, May 13, 2022

Therapy

Midafternoon yesterday, I got the itch for ink pen in hand. I grabbed the first thing that caught my eye, a piece of card stock which had as its first life to sport a table number at Scott and Alisa's wedding and to invite guests to Save Room for Dancing*. I'd painted the start of a so-called chaos layer on it at least two years ago to obscure the text on the card. Then it sat in my studio since pre-pandemic days.

Perfect.

The therapy is palpable.

Haven't yet decided if this is a 'completed' sketch or work in progress.

Have decided to see what else is up for grabs and up for neurographia in my studio this afternoon.



Save Room for Dancing
5 x 7"; acrylic, ink, and oil pastel on card stock
abstract
2022


* If you look closely, you might discern some of the text!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the circles. Planets dancing. Haha. Have fun Dotty :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Planets dancing, cogs in the universe, ball bearings of life : )

carol edan said...

Dancing along, intertwining, swirling, and a bit dizzy with no text, I can see disturbing my progress!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Dancing along with your responses, Carol! Thank you!

Simone said...

It's beautiful - reminds me of a 'glass -in-led' window. I love the combination of a rectangular shape and the free flowing lines!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, so happy to wake up to your message this morning. Great way to start my week : )

Thanks for pointing out the juxtaposition of the rectangular shape and free-flowing curved lines. The rectangle was part of the original printing on the card.

Post a Comment