Thursday, May 12, 2022

More What If

What if I tear another patch of food wrap paper with lifted paint on it and adhere it to a square of watercolor paper with matte medium?

What if I search through my pens-and-markers stash to find a fine-tip pen with ink still flowing?

What if I blur my vision, soften my mind, and then trace whatever fine lines ask to be traced on my collaged food wrap?



What if I keep responding intuitively and playfully to the marks I make?

What if I stop here?



To See More Fully What There Is to See
7 x 7"; acrylic, ink, and oil pastel on watercolor paper
abstract
2022

And then, what if I rotate this piece clockwise 45˚?!





6 comments:

carol edan said...

The "what ifs" are endless! The minute you make a mark, it invites another "what if". Love your mark echoes! Going to look in my stash of used sandwich paper!

Simone said...

I love your experiments! And suddenly I see a deep sea fish appearing...

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Yes! Endless what ifs! What if I were fearless in my art creation???

Have fun with your stash of used sandwich paper : )

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I am happy to be experimenting again. And, yes, suddenly, from the depths of the deep blue sea, I also saw a fish appearing : )

Sheila said...

WOW! FUN! IN the first one I see a small cub. And then bam! Your vision! LOVE! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

A small cub : )

Post a Comment