Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Grab and GO!

I continue to grab what's at hand and then just GO!

Today I grab the 1927 Funk & Wagnalls Practical Standard Dictionary originally owned by Mrs. Carr Brackett of Monhegan Island, much later available for the taking at some kind of help-yourself clearing out of books somewhere on the island (perhaps set on a table in front of Monhegan's L. Brackett & Son grocery?), picked up by artist Judy Caldwell, and generously given to me by Judy when we painted together one summer morning.

I tear out a page, grab my Sharpie chisel-tip marker, and I'm off and running. I have a loose 'plan,' a plan that has an intended end 'product' and an intention to go where the painting takes me in the making.



grab-and-go work in progress


4 comments:

carol edan said...

So enthralled by you "story of the dictionary". Something so simple but described so eloquently! The mix of wide chiseled strokes and fine lines is intriguing. Run girl, run!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, I'm grateful for your feedback here on both my verbal description and on the interplay of wide-chiseled strokes and fine lines. Thank you!

Sheila said...

Funk & Wagnall, why is that so fun to say? LOL. Makes me think of two goofy cartoon characters ready to create mayhem. Haha. I am Loving all of these Dotty. Here the curves, the mix of thin and thick... just says fun to me. :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Funk & Wagnall! Like Statler and Waldorf on the Muppets ! I agree, fun to say.

Happy to hear that you're enjoying my neuroart. Thanks for your feedback, Sheila.

Post a Comment