Tuesday, November 13, 2018

In Production

In limbo, waiting for some supplies on order, I've pressed pause with the WIP last seen at the paper cutter. I have shifted gears and am now in production making a bunch of greeting cards.

I do some more 'rag-picking' again today … and look at this sweet duo! The art comprises two found compositions from another piece done for an online Jane Davies class in 2016. The backing is the inside of an envelope—marketing material, I think. Way fun!

The Smell of Damp Wood and Sun
4.25 x 5.5" greeting card; acrylic, India ink, and pencil
abstract
2018
The Smell of Earth and Grass
4.25 x 5.5 greeting card; acrylic, India ink, pencil
abstract
2018

9 comments:

carol edan said...

Treasures found in the rag-pile! Love the title! The smell of earth and grass especially after rain is intoxicating!

carol edan said...

Also glad the "stringing moments" has been saved from the cutter till another date or not at all!

Simone said...

Super fun! And beautiful with this border around it!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for your appreciation of treasures found in the rag-pile and for my titles, Carol. Chuckling at your protective attachment to "stringing moments"!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Simone. Isn't that border just wonderful. I remember tucking that scrap away, knowing it appealed to me visually but not having any idea how it might dovetail with my usual artistic adventures. Now, here it is, ready and willing and just the right complement to this art!

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Damp wood, sun, earth and grass....I got my daily nature time just by ogling your art and reading this post. xo

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Awesome! Anything more is bonus! Thanks, Jen.

Sheila said...

Love the patterned border, love the muted, warm, earthy tones. Love the thoughts and memories your titles brought to minnd. Oops, the sun is in my eyes ;)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Glad your eye for surface pattern likes those borders, Sheila, and I'm glad the titles are evocative : )

Wanna borrow my sunglasses??!

Post a Comment