Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Good Thing I'm Short

At one point this summer I needed my studio to be the bedroom it used to be, so I collapsed my easel to its smallest dimensions and moved it to the basement. Then I got busy with bookmarks and postcards and didn't miss it. Finally, though, over the weekend I dragged it back up to my studio.

And I'll be damned if I can get it to expand to its full height! I know I'm pulling the right release gizmo, but the easel just won't cooperate.

work in progress



8 comments:

carol edan said...

Maybe a little sewing oil on the screws will do the trick! What size is this? Working with watercolor? Love the movement and shapes, don't want to put names on them,,the scribbled story add a new dimension!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

With Dave's help, I got the easel extended again! Thx for your suggestion oil sewing oil. This WIP is 18 x 24", I think. Using acrylics. Thanks for your feedback on movement and shapes, esp. movement.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Despite the easel's refusal to cooperate, the work in progress sitting upon it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen! I'm finding my way and trusting the process.

Simone said...

Glad that it works again!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

It's been a long time since I've worked at an easel!

Sheila said...

I love the organic shapes and the flow Dotty!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Welcome feedback, Sheila—thanks!

Post a Comment