Sunday, May 31, 2020

Postcard Quilt Squares

I took pleasure in riffling through accumulated exercises and paintings done on paper (yet again) to select a piece to which I could give new life as a postcard, a postcard that will, in fact, travel farther from the four walls of the drawer in which it has lived for several years than I will have traveled from the four walls in which I live in the past ten weeks!

Mind you, this is a piece that took somewhat of a wild ride in my studio before it ever paused to land softly in a drawer in the company of other such voyagers; see the backstory that runs from 8/12/16 to 8/21/16.

Grateful to give it wings, to release it into a larger world.

A Perfect Breeze of Innocent Confusion
4 x 5" postcard; graphite, acrylic, pencil, and pastels
on canvas paper mounted on magazine paper and card stock
abstract
2020


6 comments:

carol edan said...

What an interesting composition! One empty space asks so many questions. Did a piece fall off? Where am I going? Slow down comes to mind. I am drawn into this space why, because it is empty or full?

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Delights me that the empty space so captivates you with visual and imaginative curiosity, Carol! Thanks for your feedback.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

I love this postcard! Agree with Carol that the composition is thought-provoking...and that title! Love. You have inspired me. I will rifle through old paintings today and see what I can vandalize. :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Best kind of vandalizing, don't you think??! The composition came as a direct result of having 35 instead of 36 1"-squares with which to make four nine-patch quilt blocks. In the end, the block that had the missing square was the most intriguing : )

Sheila said...

LOVE! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila. Me, too!

Post a Comment