Thursday, May 28, 2020

On My Nightstand, on My Easel (14)

On my nightstand

When I was first learning to meditate,
[the] idea of beginning again
was revelatory.
It still is.

So liberating,
this idea that we can start over
at any time.

We feel our way through darkness,
pause,
consider,
breathe in,
breathe out,
begin again.

And again,
and again.

Dani Shapiro, Still Writing


On my easel


detail, beginning again!
work in progress, 33 days in, 5/21/20
24 x 48" canvas
detail, beginning again
work in progress, 33 days in, 5/21/20
24 x 48" canvas


6 comments:

carol edan said...

Nothing better than tissue paper and white gesso to get some texture for new beginnings!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I'm off and running. This whole painting process gig still stops me in my tracks repeatedly to shake my head in disbelief and wonder! Thanks for your affirmation of the whole unpredictable spectacular bedeviling nature of the beast, Carol!

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

"we can start over at any time" - are you literally in my head today? There is a beauty to new beginnings...and the texture here is gorgeous!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

ha! ha! you and i do seem to jump telepathically into each other's heads with fearsome frequency!

this starting-over thing feels so terrific but of course would never have taken place were it not for the journey that led from the origincal exquisite start that led eventually to the mess that led to the pain that led to the desperation that led to the courage that led to the new start. the gorgeous texture: happy outcome! compelling invitation to see what unfolds next!

Sheila said...

And again.... YAAAYYY!! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, and again … thanks! Please know that your recent textured background for your chicken commission inspired me : )

Post a Comment