Friday, November 18, 2022

Not in Control. Ever.

Pieces of paper. 

With paint and ink on them. 

In process.

Incomplete.




I'm knotted up. Frozen in place.

If I keep myself from taking a next step because I want to avoid creating something I don't like and can't undo, then I will continue to have these pieces of paper. 

With paint and ink on them.

In process.

Incomplete. 

I could cling to them as they are.

I could throw them away (which, ironically, would be a bold step for me). 

OR I could change them in some way.

And then see what happens next.

Lucky me to have my online art friend Lola as a mentor.

I can feel an internal knot shaking loose …


5 comments:

Sheila said...

Shake, rattle and roll! Have fun Dotty! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Precisely (and thank you): shake, rattle, and roll!

carol edan said...

Sometimes precious areas in a piece freeze us.... but move on, take chances.... that's the name of the game. Have to take my own advise!
It's just paper and paint, worst scenario more collage pieces.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, shaking my head in agreement at everything you write, INCLUDING 'have to take my own advice'—it's one thing to 'know' something at the mind level, another thing altogether to be able to enact it.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

nodding my head, not shaking it

Post a Comment