Tuesday, November 29, 2022

More in Real Time

I decided to peel off the painter's tape with the intent to cut what was originally going to be a single piece into four smaller pieces. 

Peeling the tape from this work-in-progress was different from my usual experience of peeling tape away because I don't usually divide an already-started piece with tape and keep working on it as I did in this case.

Check this out:



underlayers of a work-in-progress revealed; 
cruciform format takes stage


Having peeled the tape, I lifted the arm of my paper trimmer and removed what is the center vertical runway in the photo above.

I fully intended to keep trimming, and still do, but I've granted myself 24 hours to be mesmerized by the two resulting pieces before making those cuts.



work in progress A



work in progress B


4 comments:

Simone said...

Work in progress B is especially interesting. I think the straight 'artifical' lines make a beautiful contrast with the 'natural, organic' lines. Wow! I would keep nr B like it is. The black horizontal line coincides beautifully with the green circle in the middle. And the black scribbles now get extra attention. It's also interesting what 'turning the paper' makes a huge difference. It's always magical what 'coincidence' can do!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, I never get tired of art talk! I'm so appreciative of your observations, for your putting into words what you see in the visual language/vocabulary. I'm fired up to get into my studio (although weekly grocery shopping is next on my agenda!).

Sheila said...

Color me fascinated! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

You and me both, Sheila! Speaking of color, I have decisions to make and not much of a clue so … learn by doing it'll be!

Post a Comment