Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Just Dive In

Hung out for a delicious dollop of summer timelessness with friend Joan today. The best.

With paints, brushes, and paper at hand and considerable art discussion under our belts, we dove in to see what might emerge. 

I invoked my childhood motivational mantra, i.e. One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to GO!, choosing not to get into the metaphorical water one baby step at a time but instead to just dive in. 

I'd intentionally left my own art supplies at home so as to be forced to find my way with unfamiliar colors, paint brands, brushes, and drying time. Great stimulus! The in-the-moment no-time-to-get-precious circumstances refreshed and challenged me.

I'm posting one draft here. I might let it stand as is. I might go in to play a little longer back in my studio another day.

Right now, I think I'll climb up on those rocks and let ocean breezes and the lapping of salt-water waves lull me into an afternoon meditation.



work in progress


4 comments:

Sheila said...

Lovely blustery day! Have fun Dotty :)

carol edan said...

Best way to go---dive in. A mantra I need to remember! Fantazing, sitting on a rock over-looking the ocean, feeling the breeze and listening to the music of the waves!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila! Will do, and same to you!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

It felt great to dive into painting to create a rock overlooking the ocean where I could sit to bask in the blustery salt air and listen to the waves make music—glad to have you join me!

Post a Comment