Sunday, July 10, 2022

Amblyopic-Neurographic Playtime

Following Emmy's lead of last week, I have in mind to create a blind contour drawing, so I carry that intention along with a sheet of drawing paper and an ink pen to a still-life bottlescape I've arranged in my studio. 

My eye, however, seems to move of its own accord which, I learn, is a symptom of a condition called amblyopia. I suspect, though, that instead of having a physiologically-based medically-diagnosable 'lazy' eye, I have a willful mind that wants to sneak an occasional peek at my drawing paper. The nonmedical term for this condition: cheating!

In any case, I am the boss of my own creative explorations, and this one combines a partially blind contour drawing and the neurographic smoothing of corners. I'm thinking of my sketch, at this stage, as amblyopic-neurographic.



dry-run warm-up exercise,
pencil on the back of used copy paper




detail, partially blind contour drawing,
ink on drawing paper




detail, amblyopic neurographic exploration,
work in progress

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Haha. :) Blazing trails yet again! All so pretty. Eager to see what comes next. :) Have fun dotty. Thanks for the giggles. :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila! Happy to have entertained you visually and verbally : )

carol edan said...

Love this contour drawing. Delicate line works and use of directional lines in the composition.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I don't typically do much drawing, but blind contour work calls out to me, as does neurographic linework. Happy to have your affirmation of my new explorations!

Post a Comment