Monday, July 11, 2022

Otherwise

Elizabeth sat outside, 

working in the garden 

in the late afternoon sun. 

There was a lot to do, 

a lot of cutting back and weeding, 

cutting off dead heads in the rose bushes. 

You need a garden you can fuss with, she thought. 

Otherwise, what is the point 

of having a garden?

    Anne Lamott, Crooked Little Heart


Well, I found me a garden to fuss with. It was my intention to go in and get out in mere minutes with this creative venture but that is not what took place when I gave my inner self paper, pens, and paint to play with. 

I need a painting to fuss with, I guess.

Otherwise, what is the point of painting!



The Freedom That Was There Right Along
8.5 x 11"; ink, watercolor, gouache, and oil pastel on drawing paper
bottlescape
2022


4 comments:

Sheila said...

JOY! Fun, playful, BEE-u-tiful! Lovely fussing! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thank you, Sheila. This piece was truly a fun exploration, an absorption in process, experimentation, and discovery.

carol edan said...

Love the integration of neurographica and blind contour drawings.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Yes! Integrating blind contour and neurographica has been a happy discovery—new doors open!

Post a Comment