Friday, July 22, 2022

Presence

New each and every time, the way painting a tiny bit of paper real estate permeates me with here and now. 

I am fully in my body.

Courtesy of an overhead fan, breezes cool my bare arms and legs. 

Color dances in front of me. 

The mail truck traces up and down my neighborhood on its stop-and-start route, its engine distinct from all others that travel Prospect Street. 

Sharpie pens and later Krylon Triple Thick Clear Glaze High Gloss Aerosol Spray (I know, I know, my bad for using indoors) fill the air with their signature scents. 

Lightning-speed traffic buzzes on the information highways of my body, connecting hand, eye, brain, arm, paint, water, ink, oil pastel, and a way teensy brush appropriated from the box in which a bottle of essential oil was packaged.

From nothing to something. New each and every time.



Most of My Research Surprises Me
and Kicks My Ass
1.5 x 6" bookmark
ink, watercolor, gouache, and oil pastel
on a Funk & Wagnalls dictionary page
abstract
2022


4 comments:

Sheila said...

Haha, your titles are always delightful. Haha. :) This piece is electric! And for some reason makes me think of the old Frankenstein, with all the electric bolts of energy crackling. Haha. :) Love it Dotty, Love the cheerful, warm hues. :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

oooo, love that this piece has sparks flying for you, Sheila, w/ electric bolts of energy crackling! Definitely a bunch of sweet energy infused in the making. Also, love that the title catches your attention : )

carol edan said...

Your tiny pieces of real estate always amaze me. The peeking of the page print, the road map of neurographical roads leading my eye here and there. Oh, that bold yellow! Glad you have fans and breezes to help to create on these hot summer days! Love getting packages of art supplies.... Amazon has free shipping now to Israel with orders of $49.YAY!!!! Not all items but most!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I, too, never cease to be amazed at how enormous a tiny painting can be! The 'bold yellow' is actually gold from a Posca paint pen : )

Wow, free Amazon shipping to Israel w/ orders of $49 now. YAY indeed!!

Post a Comment