Tuesday, March 28, 2023

On My Nightstand, On My Easel 3/28/23

On my nightstand:

To look for the good in some other circumstance than the one in which we find ourselves is to trash the only happiness we will ever have: now. Whether it pleases us or not, each moment is a gift. No matter how unpleasant the wrapping, inside is something wonderful that life wants to give us. If we let it pass without opening it, we have missed something priceless.

—Polly Berrien Berends, Coming to Life


On my easel:

A second bookmark, another visual poem, emerges from the Bo's Arts starts created last week. I use Stabilo pencils for the first time. I try my hand at asemic writing of a sort I bumped into somewhere on Instagram, writing that may in part be actual language. Gifts abound: energy! play! invention!



In Your Life Just as It Is Happening Right Now
1.5 x 6" bookmark; acrylic, ink, and Stabilo pencil
on watercolor paper
abstract
2023


2 comments:

MaryAnn Shupe said...

Yes....we need cherish what we have right now...what's right in front of us! Another lovely bookmark!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I so enjoy your being right-here-right-now in your daily observations and your creations. It's a gift.

Post a Comment