Monday, March 27, 2023

Poems: One. At. A. Time.

I can fly through a 400-page novel in a matter of a few days.

Poems, on the other hand, need to be surrounded by time. They need to be framed with long, slow, deep breaths. Absorbed and received in an entirely different and more spacious way than story.*

So it is with visual poems as well.

I present you with the first in a series.



An Invitation to Walk Through Some of Your Doors
1.5 x 6" bookmark; acrylic, ink, and Stabilo pencil
on watercolor paper
abstract
2023

---

*And, yes, since you ask, it might take me over a year to read 400 poems!

4 comments:

MaryAnn Shupe said...

This is going to be a beautiful series.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thank you, MaryAnn. I stand amazed at having started a series, no details of which did I have specifically in mind when I entered my studio and began picking up materials and tools.

Sheila said...

This tiny little series, yes time and quiet. Like standing in the museum, silently, in awe and rapture. :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, your words are an invitation to stand beside you in the hush and hallow of the museum.

Post a Comment