Sunday, March 26, 2023

Joke's on Me!

When I last posted this piece, it was still a work in progress and I ended by saying, I don't think I'm done yet.

I was not.

I had the feeling of wanting a surprise, of wanting to do something more, something bold.

Well, the surprise was that no matter what my thinks-with-words brain was saying about bold, my art heart evidently had the final say, with subtle I-spy-with-my-little-eye eye-openers.

                                                                  


Let's Twist Nervous Systems Around One Another
And Construct a Place That Wasn't There Before
5 x 5.5"; acrylic, ink, and collage on card stock
abstract seascape
2023


2 comments:

MaryAnn Shupe said...

Yes...listen to your art heart! (love that phrase) Now the little I spy words shine in their beautiful and subtle way.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

MaryAnn, my art heart seems to have a fairly loud and insistent voice. I try to fight it sometimes, mostly unconsciously, i.e. not aware that I'm doing do, and I don't get far! Thanks for your appreciation of the shining of those little I spy words.

Post a Comment