Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Upset > All Set!

I leave off yesterday heading I don't know where, entirely content not knowing. 

Hahaha! Good thing I don't know!  

Yesterday, in mere seconds, I shift from a demanding to-do list to totally happy art-play. 

Today, I sit with pen in hand and, in mere seconds, create a mess totally not to my liking.

Noooooooo!

Lived experience reminds me I've rescued almost every mess I've ever painted myself into, but still I suspect I'll most likely pitch this one and call it a day.

Eventually, though, I think to call on my trusty paper cutter to isolate a found composition, and I set to work with tweaks and tiny touches of magic. Fascinating process, I gotta say!



The Day Was Still Warming Up 4 x 5.5" greeting card; acrylic, ink, oil pastel, and collage, mounted on card stock abstract 2022






4 comments:

Sheila said...

Mmm! Refreshing! Reminding me of a childhood favorite, a Popsicle Big Stick. Cherry and orange, and COLD. Haha. Love your title. :) But the hint of Lime (aid) and the crisp orange are reminding me of tasty, and cool summer treats. Maybe it is just wishful thinking in this 93 degree heat. Haha. Bravo Dotty! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, your responses to art are such fun! They bring to mind the Dr. Seuss title "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" and they keep me ever mindful how vast the magic of art is in transporting both artist and audience. Love how the 93 degree heat and the color and title of my painting come together to trigger sensory memories for you : )

carol edan said...

Gather this is after the cutter! Love! Open space, busy space, and just the right touch of green!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Indeed, after the cutter, Carol! Thanks for your feedback on visual language—helpful to have you affirm busy/open contrast and the touch of green.

Post a Comment