Saturday, June 25, 2022

Exploring, 2

What I brought on vacation with me (I forgot to photograph the start I packed, so look through the preliminary neurographic linework here to the mauve and lavender paint to get a feel for where this exploration actually began):


work in progress on a start from who knows when


As I painted: tide ebbing and flowing, ebbing and flowing; osprey incubating their eggs; rocks and roots underfoot on every Downeast trail we hike; balsam fir sweetening the air; lobstermen checking their traps; the thrum of lobster boats.

What unfolded:


Nothing Need Be Done But Simple Observation
7 x 9"; acrylic, gouache, watercolor, and ink on book page
neurographic abstract
2022




2 comments:

carol edan said...

There is a definite feel of the sea/ocean.. Pebbles,shells, and water playing through mg toes.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I had the same feeling, Carol, and well described by you! None of what feels like the sea/ocean was conscious or intentional!

Post a Comment