Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Exploring, 4

What I brought with me on vacation: a sheet of collage paper I'd handpainted with a green I'd mixed. No idea how long ago, no idea where the pieces I apparently cut from it were used as collage. Ignoring the irregular shape of the page, I began exploring with ink scribbles and one fully inscribed circle touched by four partially inscribed externally tangent circles:



What unfolded in between outdoor explorations and infusions of sea and salt and salmon and scallops and susurrations and sunlight and scents and stillness and strolls and strides and surprises and sweets and star-studded-skies:

untitled until I decide if this will remain a quirky-shaped single piece 
or become several smaller found compositions
roughly 6 x 9"; acrylic, watercolor, gouache, ink, and oil pastel on paper
 neurographic 
abstract
2022



4 comments:

carol edan said...

What a beautiful place! I really miss the ocean with its smells, pebbles and sand! You captured these in your irregular substrate!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I became acquainted with the ocean as a toddler and have felt its pull and power in my life ever since. Blessed to live minutes from it. Painting this exercise was a true case of making marks and letting each one lead to the next. By the time I reached the point I photographed it as above, the photo appeared in my iphone album directly after three shots of sun rising through the lush greenery of June beside Gouldsboro Bay—it looks like an abstraction of those sunrise photos, through no conscious intention of mine! : )

Sheila said...

Fun and YUM! :) Looking at this, it seems as if there is movement, slight movement. Don't know why or how, LOL. but it is interesting. And yes, I might be losing it. Haha. Love it Dotty, and the peek at the ocean.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, thanks. Love that you perceive slight movement here! The movement of the tides made it into my art : )

That bit of ocean met the edge of the front yard of our vacation cottage.

Post a Comment