Monday, August 12, 2019

Parentheses

I know, I know, you thought I was on a roll with a series of postcards from that 18x24" start done last summer at Lake Champlain.

So did I.

But.

While cleaning my studio, I bumped into an October 2016 mono-stripes exercise I did for a Jane Davies online course while on vacation in West Virginia, and you know how one thing

mono-stripes exercise 2016

leads to another.

I Was Putting Papers Away When the Telephone Rang
4x5" postcard; acrylic, pastels, and collage on card stock
abstract
2019

  

6 comments:

carol edan said...

These colors are just perfect as I sit by the pool this August morning!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Hi Carol! Now that you say pool, I can see some swim lanes, some reflections and refractions, the glitter of light filtered through tree leaves : )

Fun to know that you are sitting poolside on this August morning.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

These colors! So refreshing. And I love how one thing leads to another in your studio - following the muse!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen! The colors reached right out and invited me to dive in. Yup, following the muse and loving it.

Sheila said...

Oh so cool and refreshing. I feel as if I am swimming up from the bottom of the pool, into the light. The collage is just pure fun. Playing at Aunt Gloria's house, finding old junk in the basement and entertaining ourselves. Aunt Gloria had an above ground pool. So she was our favorite babysitter. Ha ha ha. And her basement was full of board games and art supplies, and a few unfinished walls where we could hide and eavesdrop without being seen. Ha ha ha. Wonderful Dotty :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, swimming-up-from-the-bottom: YES! Love the evocative ability of this little postcard to put your memories of Aunt Gloria's pool and basement front and center. Thank you for painting yet another poem with words.

Post a Comment