Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Hiding in Plain Sight

Pulled out an 18x24" start from my June 2018 Lake Champlain vacation—with brisk lakeshore breezes still embedded in it.

Headed for my paper trimmer.

Cut out a 4x6" patch.

Played around with the found composition.

Postcard!

Can you locate the unimproved 24 square inches of real estate in the original larger piece?

18x24" start
June 2018
Forgiveness Could Be Child's Play If You Knew the Ropes
4x6"; acrylic, ink, oil pastel, and collage on drawing paper
abstract postcard
2019


6 comments:

carol edan said...

So glad to see you! First on the ART email folder! Around the top left part! Love the title, universal. You always find the jewels!

Sheila said...

Hi Dotty :) So nice to find you in my box. Love them both. My eyes want to take everything in. :o)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Hi, Carol! Thanks for the warm greeting. Suddenly, yesterday, I had the urge to post, and so I did. Yes, the postcard comes from the top left quadrant. I had so much fun playing with it once I extracted it from the whole. Appreciate your nod to the title.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Good morning, Sheila! Happy to BE in your inbox! Happy to hear that your eyes want to take everything in. I took such satisfaction yesterday in returning to a start from a year ago to mine for unexpected treasure. I cut the large piece in half, cut the top third of that half free, cut that top third into thirds, selected one, started embellishing. Got totally absorbed up close. Stood back and discovered a few houses huddled together on top of a slope in the hills of West Virginia holler : )

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Hooray for child's play! And for forgiveness...and this postcard, and the big piece, and YOU here blogging! Made my day!!!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

hooray for so many hoorays! thanks, Jen! Each time my eyes land on "Forgiveness" the postcard and each time I practice forgiveness—I go somewhere wonderful : )

Post a Comment