Thursday, August 29, 2019

Landed in a Lively

You may remember that I vacationed on Monhegan Island in Maine a year ago with my dad, that we landed in a lively conversation with a woman we passed on the lane who turned out to be an artist, that she invited me to pop over to her outdoor studio space—which I did.

Just returned from a four-day repeat vacation on Monhegan Island in Maine with my dad during which I spent parts of three mornings on the tarp-covered deck at Alison Hill Studio in magical summer-sunshine-summer-sky-summer-breeze, painting with artist Judy of last year's lively conversation on the lane. The lively conversation continued, and paint started finding its way to paper.

First marks:










6 comments:

carol edan said...

Envious.. WOW, Maine and chance to paint with another artist! Glad you got paint on the paper! Thanks for the link! Yes, truly summer bliss!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Maine island, exquisite late-summer weather, and a chance to paint with another artist, barefoot, sun-blessed, out on the sprawling deck of a cedar-shingled island home, with spacious skies above, expansive ocean surrounding, fresh air abounding. Yes!!!

Simone said...

Wonderful to see you back and I'm very curious to what you learned and encoutered!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Delighted to have you welcoming my posts, Simone! More to come!

Sheila said...

Fantabulous Dotty! How heavenly :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, those few days painting in Judy's company were just exactly that: fantabulous!

Post a Comment