Sunday, April 9, 2023

Leapfrogging

I notice myself jumping from one thing to another of late, leapfrogging over work in progress to start something new, and not reliably bringing any one set of tasks to full completion.

Oh, well! 

Sure am having fun!

One project I leapt over was a second series of bookmarks in development from a start on my afternoon of Bo's Arts in March. The shiny object distracting me was the Collage Kickstart! class offered by Catherine Rains. What a great kickstart! I went into production, I tell ya!

Then Bo called, and we got together for Bo's Arts Afternoon II at which time I leapt back to some of my starts from our earlier afternoon, picked up one of them, leapt with it over to some of the treasures I'd assembled for my kickstart class, and fused energy from both endeavors to make a collage.

It did not escape my notice, as I reported to a friend after the fact that, in the wake of having rustled up umpteen square feet of papers in minutes, I spent well over a thoroughly contented HOUR crafting a single 3-inch square collage! Hahaha!



Tea and Toast
3 x 3"; acrylic, ink, and collage on watercolor paper
abstract design
2023


4 comments:

MaryAnn Shupe said...

And a fabulous 3 inch square it is! I love every element!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thx, MaryAnn. I know you can identify with the losing of oneself in blissful absorption in a tiny bit of creative real estate : )

Anonymous said...

I love that you can get lost for an hour in a 3 inch square....like Alice down the rabbit hole!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

That losing myself in such a small patch of real estate, like Alice down the rabbit hole, surprises and delights me every single time, no matter how often it is my experience!

Post a Comment