Friday, August 12, 2022

On My Nightstand, On My Easel 8/12/22

On my nightstand: 

Just hold still. 
Breathe. 
Feel yourself breathe. 
Feel your beating heart. 
If it wants to break, 
let it break.

That is all.

    Jan Frazier, from a forthcoming book


On my easel:

I circled back to an exercise started ten days ago. In short order my brain shifted from left side to right. Love when that happens. Every single time it happens.



You Do Not Have a Road Map to Guide You
7 x 7.5";  acrylic, ink, collage, and oil pastel on sketchbook paper
abstract landscape
2022


4 comments:

Sheila said...

Love this. Always love receiving your posts. :) Moody, serene, but bright. Wonderful. But of course! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Always love receiving your comments/feedback, Sheila : )

carol edan said...

It has a Monet feeling. Abstracted landscape. I really loved the stark piece with just that green mark. Really created tension!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, thanks for your thought-provoking feedback. Monet! I didn't think of him with this piece. I liked the stage where this piece was stark and had the tension of that green mark, but it never occurred to me to stop there. The happy news is that I still have the photo of that stage and could use it for a calendar image, for example, as is—I haven't fully 'lost' it!

Post a Comment