Tuesday, August 2, 2022

On My Nightstand, On My Easel 8/2/22

On my nightstand:

there is no place I know outside today

W.S. Merwin, "A Momentary Creed"


On my easel: 

In cleaning out some computer files I found an image of a painting that had caught my eye who knows how many years ago. Before deleting it, I decided to let it become a prompt in my sketch book, a bit of a steal-like-an-artist copy-a-piece-of-art-you-like exercise to set me on an unpredictable discovery adventure.



work in progress, layer 1



work in progress, layer 2

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Waste not, want not. :) Color me excited :) Have fun Dotty :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

🙂 Thanks, Sheila!

carol edan said...

Great to use an old file as a jumping off place. Thanks for reminding me of the book. Will take it out again for a re-read! Oh, I love yellow green on blue!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I was trying to mix a green that I never achieved but I do take pleasure in the process of trying to color match by mixing paints, and I do like what resulted here. And thanks for the affirmation re using an old file as a jumping off place, Carol.

Post a Comment