Saturday, April 16, 2022

Organic Randomness

Way back in January I poke around with color and stenciling on paper one afternoon, experimenting lightly with this and that, soon moving on to countless other undertakings both in and out of my studio.

I bump into that page of play off and on. I move it absentmindedly from one place to another in my studio to clear the way for other projects. In a recent studio clean-up, I accord it a more intentional space in a drawer where it can hang out companionably with other starts. 

Then, no sooner do I give it a designated space than do I pull it out again, lifting it today from the drawer up to my paper trimmer where I turn it face-side down to allow for organic randomness as I cut the start into several smaller pieces.

One of which becomes a birthday card!

Deep in Inner Space, Extraordinary Knowing
3 x 3.5"; acrylic and collage on paper,
mounted on card stock
abstract
2022


2 comments:

Sheila said...

Fabulous, fluky, FUN! 😀😊❤️

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila! I've been getting into my studio again with some increased frequency but I haven't been keeping up with my blog. Today I managed both : )

Post a Comment