Monday, April 18, 2022

Anything Goes

I'm grateful for the times when (a) I know I'm in search of something, (b) I don't know what, (c) I trust I'll know when I find it, and (d) I do!

A newsletter from artist Carol Nelson announced last week that she'd created an Anything Goes Project as a challenge for myself and other procrastinators to produce one painting per day during the month of April.

I haven't produced a painting per month of late, let alone one per day. But I sat up and took notice. I knew I'd found something I'd been restless to discover.

The fact that the announcement didn't even reach my inbox until April was already half over was somehow perfect! 

I find myself skittering all over the place—adding touches to my 36 x 36" canvas in process, starting something else on a half sheet of drawing paper the next day but not returning to it the day after that, cutting up old starts from months ago, leapfrogging back to something after five days to muck about with it again, and so forth. It's a haphazard approach, but (a) I'm getting to my studio to paint daily, and … (b) anything goes

I haven't been this active nor this unfettered in a way long time.

work in process, third pass
5.5 x 8.5"; acrylic and collage on drawing paper

-----

history thus far:

first pass

second pass




4 comments:

carol edan said...

"I haven't been this active nor this unfettered in a way long time" What a great state to be in. Para Para!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I am actively grateful to be active in my studio again!

Sheila said...

So happy for your frenzy and fun! :) Enjoy Dotty :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila! I'm out of town now for four days so this piece is languishing back at home for a few days (and not complaining!).

Post a Comment