Monday, January 31, 2022

The Light of Attention

I step from my study into my bedroom, thinking I've forgotten to turn out a light.

But, no! The light left on is early morning sunlight bursting through the eastern-facing skylight to splash onto wall, chair, carpet, and dresser with unabashed brilliance.

Something else that finds its way to my attention this morning: a line from the novel I am currently listening to.

Shake hands

with your decision

and move on.

Unabashed Conversation
4 x 5.5" postcard; acrylic, oil pastel, and collage
on card stock
abstract
2022


6 comments:

Simone said...

Love that line! And I love the combination of shapes, dots, lines and healing words...

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, thanks! I shook hands with the shapes, dots, lines, scratchings, and healing words, and moved along with experimental focus.

I know you share the pleasure of gluing collage paper into a painting, too : )

Sheila said...

Love this Dotty! Love it all, but the bright, brilliant greens are really popping :) I love that line. And I have been doing that actually. I will remember that line the next time. Happy creating Dotty :)

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

oooooh I adore this! Unabashed Conversation and shaking hands with decisions....mmmmmm. How did you know?

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheial, thanks for your notice and mention of the popping green. I enjoy your visual feedback and value your shaking hands with what I've created : )

dotty seiter: now playing said...

How DO we know?!

Post a Comment