Thursday, February 10, 2022

Making My Own Happy!

This little piece is unexpectedly happy-making! 

I sit in awe of what-all pours into and shines out of a painting, this one a slight 3.5 x 5 inches.

Ricocheting and pinging around here in one pocket-sized painting are the energies of a walk on West Beach, a card from a friend, computer frustrations, a book bursting with new perspectives, an inner restlessness, a fresh haircut, crocuses nosing up out of the ground beside patches of icy snow, belly laughs from playing a game with family, the tedium of routine household tasks, a new pair of earrings, and several earlier layers of ugly. 

Happy-making, I tell ya!


Wrangling With Ideas and Romping Through Possibilities
3.5 x 5" postcard; acrylic, collage, and oil pastel on card stock
abstract
2022

 

6 comments:

Sheila said...

AH-HA! So that is where the cool texture comes from. Layers of ugly! Haha. Hope you have your wrangler jeans on gal! Love, love, love :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Wrangler jeans! Thanks for the memory!

Gotta love those layers of ugly, though I confess I'm hard put sometimes to get past the also-ugly feelings I have!

carol edan said...

Layers the to go! Great textures and love circle composition!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I do sit back every now and then to realize how ignorant I was of layers when I first began to paint! Can't get enough now! Thanks, Carol, for your appreciation of the texture and composition here.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

happy making indeed! GORGEOUS! Feeling the JOY!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen. Happy to spread the happy!

Post a Comment