Friday, November 29, 2019

The Occurrence and Development of Events by Chance in a Happy or Beneficial Way

Two years ago in November I started a bookmark. A day or two later I added the finished piece to my growing collection.

I never know, as I make bookmarks, when one of them will pair perfectly with the jacket of a book I've borrowed from my local library.

Two days ago, in the dizzying swirl of an unusually busy day, with mind and body moving in one direction and another and another, I fell into the grace of inner stillness and deep satisfaction at the serendipity of having a two-year-old bookmark be exquisitely just the right partner for the book that was next in the stack on my nightstand.

Like having all my chakras lined up.

And fun!

book and bookmark hanging out together

8 comments:

carol edan said...

Wow! What a match! Couldn't be better even if you were to design it from scratch!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Your thoughts match mine precisely, Carol! Thanks for commenting.

I actually don't think I COULD create a better one from scratch.

Sheila said...

So amazing. The stars aligned ;) Enjoy the book Dotty!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila! I always have 2-3 books going at once, and I'm holding my place in another book right now with a bookmark of YOUR art : )

Simone said...

The bookmark is stunning! I love the beautiful graphic character of it. It makes me want to jump straight up and go make something! I would love to talk over with you how I can get back into painting once my book is out of the door ;-)! This collage looks so much fun!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone—so appreciative of your response to this post and to my bookmark! Your words are sunshine on a gray wintry day with rain/snow mix falling.

YES! Let's talk about recommitting to painting practices. I need that talk also!

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

a little magical pairing makes every day better! I adore my Dotty Seiter original bookmarks and think they go with EVERYTHING! ha ha!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Glad you adore your dhs bookmarks and LOL that you think they go with EVERYTHING!!

Post a Comment