Friday, August 19, 2022

Got Up Off the Floor

Eventually got up off the floor yesterday afternoon.

Gave my head a metaphorical soak in the bracing Atlantic.

Then channeled a jumble of emotions and memories and energy into playing with some emerging ideas. You know the age-old game of rock-paper-scissors? I played paper-scissors-glue instead. 

Countless little surprising challenges surfaced related to positive and negative space, composition, values contrast, and loopy cut-paper strips that were not easily tamed.

SO. ENGAGING.



Follow the Steps as They Appear
4.5 x 6" two-page sketchbook spread; acrylic, collage, and oil pastel
shapes
2022



---
Anyone know why the vibrancy of colors dulls when I post photos on my blog? 

2 comments:

carol edan said...

Love the use of Matisse like collage pieces! Brilliant!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

This was an unexpectedly pleasing and engaging undertaking. I suddenly felt very drawn to and interested in shapes and forms I don't usually play with or even think to play with.

Post a Comment