Saturday, February 19, 2022

A Bridge


I traversed a bridge of discomfort between languishing and behavioral activation just now. 

Well, no, that might not be it exactly. Maybe I used behavioral activation to cross a bridge of discomfort from languishing to … to what? That's the part I'm not quite sure about. I guess I crossed to a canvas that looks different from what it looked like earlier, different from what it's looked like for at least a couple of weeks.

No small accomplishment. 

The fact of the difference is what matters to me. The behavioral activation that brought it about. Not the actual content of the difference on the canvas.

But, that bridge! It's formidable! 


detail, work in progress
36 x 36"

6 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

A formidable bridge! And a step in a great direction...

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Your work and play as an artist provide a handhold on that bridge, and I thank you deeply.

Sheila said...

Love the splattered messy paint, love the cool welcoming turquoise. Love knowing that all of this may soon be covered up with more messy splatters, more paint, more creative goodness. Enjoy Dotty! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for loving what will surely be covered up with more messy splatters, more paint, and, I trust (though can't yet quite imagine), more creative goodness … and a measure of enjoyment!

carol edan said...

Crossing that bridge is the most difficult part, not the reason. Love how you tease us with small details and not the whole! We probably won't find it there in the end anyway!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, I tease you with small details because I find so little appeal in the whole right now! As to whether you'll have access to this detail in the end, there is no knowing yet. It may have a place or, as you suggest, it may be long obscured by painting's completion!

Post a Comment