Saturday, January 16, 2021

(Parenthetical Project) 1

“And you? What are you going to be when you grow up?”

In kindergarten, when the teacher asked this question,

Warren had answered with his plans for that afternoon—

the afternoon being as far into the future

as his five-year-old mind could imagine. Since then,

“What are you going to be when you grow up?”

had been Mia's and his way of asking about plans for the day.


Celeste Ng, Little Fires Everywhere


Warren! 


My hero!


What, you ask, do I want to be when I grow up? I want to be the artist who, this afternoon, interrupts her Abstract Faces series/class progress to start a parenthetical project of a different sort. 


How's that for grown up!


(parenthetical project),
twelve 4.5 x 6"starts, acrylic on drawing paper



4 comments:

carol edan said...

Great starts! Glad to see that I am not the only I get off track, guess it's part of our creative DNA!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Getting 'off track' is certainly part of MY creative DNA! I am all over the place currently, and STUFF is all over the place everywhere in my home. And so it goes. Felt great to make these starts.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

off track! YES! Delighted to see this pile of starts, which look like the fall leaves of an art studio. And Warren! I like the way that kid thinks.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Isn't Warren just the best? I think he'd say just what you're saying, Jen: off track! YES!

Off I go!

Post a Comment