Sunday, January 24, 2021

(Parenthetical Project) 7

It can be, and often is, tremendously difficult for me to get past my own defenses to discover, identify, and fully own what I'm thinking, and then to let go as indicated of either resistance or clinging.

How is it that this difficulty, this resistance, this clinging can still surprise me?

How is it that I can still hide from myself so capably?


I Hear the Children in the Yard
4.25 x 5.5" greeting card; acrylic, ink, and collage
abstract
2021


6 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Firstly, this piece is MY FAVORITE OF ALL TIME! It moves, whispers, sings. The balance (of color of line of shape of texture of value contrast) is magnificent. Whoa. Secondly, wrestling with internal resistance and/or clinging is so dang frustrating because, as you said, it STILL surprises me, too! Dangitty dang dang dang.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Every single word of your comment lifts my heart, opens my spirit to the sun shining in my window, to the wind's energy pushing cold air every which way, to the song of the day! Thank you, Jen!

Sheila said...

Bowing in the face of my truth. Bravo!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Smiling in the face of your blessing. Amen!

carol edan said...

"clinging and resistance" well known factors. Your pieces show nothing of those. Learning to let go is one of my largest obstacles. That is one reason I chose "fearless" as my word of the year. Just paper and paint, just paper and paint. Go girl!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for this conversation here, Carol. Learning to let go is probably one of the largest obstacles for all of us. Keep reminding me: just paper and paint, paper and paint: GO!

Post a Comment