Sunday, September 27, 2020

Coming to Life: Prologue

Back in mid-August, I had an itch to generate another series of postcards. Truth to tell, it wasn't even fully an itch; it was more like a barely perceptible sensation that perhaps a stray hair had glanced across my skin and then blown away.

Nonetheless, I brought a hand to the sensation and gave it a quick light scratch.

You know how that goes!

Next thing I knew I was at my paper cutter with a painting exercise I'd done two summers ago.

Here's what had sat in a drawer for two years untouched:

August 2018 painting sketch
11 x 14"; acrylic and ink on card stock (calendar poster)

Here's what I have at hand now:



Scratch scratch scratch …




8 comments:

carol edan said...

On this hot Yom Kippor day a fresh breeze has come through my computer!
Scratch scratch scratch! Maybe I should get out my paper cutter!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

G'mar chatima tova.

You know I love my paper cutter!

It's fun to wake this morning and remember that I'd programed my blog a few days ago to release this post for today, and even more delightful to have a comment from you waiting for me. Thanks!

Simone said...

Wonderful to see these postcards!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, wonderful to see you hear at my blog! (ha! wonderful to see myself at my blog, for that matter!!!)

I'm grateful for a bit of creative flow : )

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

YAY! I love it when you scratch itches... and now I want to dive into my painting pile with the scissors. You are inspiring, my friend!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

No calamine lotion here! Just itches and scissors! Thanks for the affirmation, Jen : )

Sheila said...

One of my "chores" for next month is to go through my artwork and Get them more organized. Actually, I am going to iron them. Yup, saw an artist do it. Well... That will give me the perfect opportunity to pull out the yuck stuff... and make some ATC's, or postcards like daring Dotty does! You are! You DO! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, I've been known on occasion to take one tutee or another of mine to my ironing board to bring some semblance of law and order back to a neglected mistreated page of schoolwork dredged from a chaotic backpack! Please do a post about your ironing when you get around to it : )

I am repeatedly surprised when I pull something from a drawer of saved stuff for which I had no vision when I set it aside … there's treasure in them thar hills, I tell ya!

Thanks for your affirming words!

Post a Comment