Friday, August 14, 2020

Pressing My Nose Right Into Freshly Cut Grass

I get to press my nose right into the freshly cut grass of my new painting but, what with pandemic-induced physical distancing, you don't get to hang out in my dining area and do the same.

So, as in multiple other situations these days, instead of inviting you to open the screen door at my home and walk right in, I invite you to a screen:

detail,
The Smell of Freshly Cut Grass Itching at My Nose
detail
detail
detail
detail
detail
detail

6 comments:

carol edan said...

Thanks for inviting me into your home! Each detail tells its special story. The last detail could be a painting in itself. Glad that its up on the wall so little hands can't touch it!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Oh, but you never know! MY little hands could still touch it! I have another large painting of mine hanging in our back entry (on the backside of the wall where "Freshly Cut Grasses" hangs), and it has come down a couple of time for slight revisions!!!

Sheila said...

MMM! I can smell it. Delightful memories are coming back to me. :) I love these "mini" compositions, each so delightful. Deep dark greens. Rich warm golds. Bold exciting lines and edges. And the dot-dot-dot of a morse like code. :) And oh, that last glimpse is a masterpiece in in itself
Thank you for this JOY filled invitation Dotty! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, thank you—again! Morse code : )

I'm a sucker for the found mini compositions, and I'm grateful to have you savor them along with me.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

My nose is much happier now that it has had a good sniff. Thank you!!!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Nothin' like being right out in the big ol' world with your nose stuck right into it all!

Post a Comment