Monday, September 17, 2018

Connection

Have you ever been at a meeting or presentation of some sort, or in a class, with facilitated exchanges of information taking place among people who've never met before, and you know exactly with whom you'll strike up a one-to-one conversation—and make a lasting connection—the minute the formal part of the event ends?

Yep.

That's how I got to know Bo.

A birthday bookmark for you, dear friend!


Small and Still and Tender
1.5x5"; acrylic, India ink, oil pastel, and collage on watercolor paper
abstract bookmark
2018
[gift]

8 comments:

carol edan said...

Beautiful bookmark and gift. Love the depth of the flowers you acheived in such a small piece!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thank you, Carol. I appreciate your feedback re depth.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

oh yes absolutely! Happy birthday, Bo!!! Beautiful gift...

dotty seiter: now playing said...

: ) on all counts!

Janet Bradish said...

Lovely! Know exactly what you are talking about....best friends ever!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Love that the situation I posed in my post is a familiar one to you : )

Sheila said...

Such depth! Fells almost as if I could fall into those centers and land in another world. Maybe one where cats talk. :)
Love this story Dotty. Makes me think (even more) that you have had such a magical life. I don't mean perfect or without sadness. Just that you are so open to goodness and joy and friendship and experimentation. You have been blessed in so many ways. And you share your joy with us, what a blessing :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

[replied yesterday but realized today that I have an active cyber glitch running amok with my using safari to comment, and my reply to you never published; sigh!]

Sheila, very appreciative of your feedback re the depth of this piece, (a) because it unfolded by happenstance and not by design and (b) because it reflects the depth of connection about which I was writing. Win, win!

I am touched by your kind affirming words about my openness to goodness, joy, friendship, and experimentation, words which I might not think to use to characterize myself. So many blessings, YOU among them, Sheila.

Post a Comment