Monday, January 23, 2023

Explorer, Even Without Royal Sponsorship

I don't have kings or queens—or anyone else, for that matter!—sponsoring me, but I find myself thinking of such past explorers as Vasco da Gama, Francisco Pizarro, and Hernan Cortes today. I've got my own little Age of Exploration and Discovery going as I venture forth on the seas of scribbling, mapping out routes to expand my art parameters. 

I'm working on getting my sea legs established. 

With spyglass to my eye, I scan the horizon constantly, seeking any and all signs to guide me on my way.

A ship! A ship passes by on Instagram and shares information! Thank you, Laura Horn!



My Hands Work Their Power in the Material World
5 x 7"; acrylic, ink, graphite, pencil, oil pastel, and collage
on mixed media paper
abstract scribble study
2023


6 comments:

Simone said...

What a fantastic, beautiful piece of mixed media/collage. I love it!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone! Hello! Thank you for your joyful celebration of this piece, a piece that came together quickly with a happy balance of lots of freeform intuitive expression and a tiny bit of deliberate fine-tuning.

carol edan said...

There is some pull to the sea but so much more. The way the scribble on the bottom pull your eye , the subtle use of printed collage, the repeated patterns, all come together to make an interesting piece! Ahoy Ahoy!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, your attention to visual language and your ability to reflect back my use of same have me humming happily. Thank you!

Sheila said...

Hook, line, and sinker. You pulled me in! I had to magnify this, and take in each part and piece. I love the colors, the marks, the repetition. And I spy an eye, looking at me from deep within the cave. Haha. Bravo!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, that eye in the cave! Your reflective investigative comments have pulled ME back in to revisit the mark making, impulses, decisions, vulnerabilities, and boldnesses that comprised this particular creative journey of mine. Thank you.

Post a Comment