Monday, January 30, 2023

Rear View Mirror Recipe

Ingredients

Limited palette: ultramarine blue, burnt sienna, and white gesso.

Mixed media: acrylic, graphite, oil pastel, ink, and pencil. 

Paint attributes: transparent, semi transparent, and opaque; fluid and heavy body.


Directions

Create quick abstract on paper.

Set aside to dry.

Use drying time to start new scribbles study.

Make disheartening mess.

Despair of ever finding flow with scribbles.

Walk away from mess.

Return to now-dry quick abstract.

Get your unexpected scribble on!



 A Spot of Heavy Weather
5 x 7"; acrylic, graphite, oil pastel, ink, 
and pencil on paper
abstract scribble study
2023


6 comments:

Simone said...

It's so wonderful to see you making such marvellous art. I just love it all!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, it's so wonderful to be painting and posting again AND to be back in a little bit of art conversation with you here! Thank you!

Sheila said...

I just love this Dotty. The colors, the energy. I can just make out a Rooster, there at the bottom. (Fun). The brown marks remind me of a tuft of palm tree, hull or skin, (Hmm, I need to look that up. LOL) that I saved from Hawaii. It is a small curled piece, and I have it with my seashells. Rough around the edges. The blues make me think of water, the ocean. And we did get dumped on one bright sunny day. We were at the light house, and about 20 people ran in to try and stay dry. But it was too late, we were drenched. 5 minutes later the rain stopped. Haha. Thanks for bringing these memories to mind, Dotty. :)

carol edan said...

Love the play, line work, dash shapes. Yes, feel the wind and chill! Same here today!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, I so enjoy hearing what you see and what memories are evoked by what I offer up for your viewing pleasure! You bring my own work to life and, on a 'big picture' level, affirm the magic, power, and intrinsically interactive nature of art. Thank you!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, thanks for these reflections, for your affirmation of play, line work, and dash shapes, your perception of wind and chill! Perfect!

Post a Comment