Monday, October 17, 2022

Scrabbling

Scratching and groping. Scrabbling for some ineffable something. Scribbling as a way of getting there. 

Marrying sketchbook, scribbles, and neurographic skittering takes me right to sparks of discovery and the embrace of serendipitous serenity—a welcome antidote to hours spent earlier in whirling dervish internet nonsense, a cure for what had been ailing my artistic heart.

I brush aside the pesky temptation to keep playing with this piece. 

Let that play take place with another piece on another day.



Just Enough Gleanable Information to
Provide Clues and Permit Guesses
7 x 10.5"; acrylic and ink on sketchbook paper
neurographic scribble
2022

4 comments:

Sheila said...

❤️

dotty seiter: now playing said...

❤️ This felt just right yesterday : )

carol edan said...

Love the contrast of scribbles and asemic writing. Do you have a stencil? Yes, just enough information!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, thanks for the happy nod to scribbles and asemic writing. No stencil. I grabbed the broadest tipped marker I had and expressed my sentiments freehand. Then I went back and smoothed all the places lines crossed, for the palpable neurographic pleasure of doing so. I will probably do further experiments in this vein.

Post a Comment