Thursday, October 25, 2018

Spinning Around on a Ball of Dirt

How crazy is it to be spinning around on a huge ball of dirt within a vast illimitable universe? And, if the universe is illimitable, then how come it is believed to have a 'measurement' of a diameter of at least 10 billion light years?

Further, if it is ceaselessly expanding, as is also believed, then there must be 'room' for it to do so. There must be some bigger something in which it resides … yes? Does that something have a limit, an 'end'? How can it? How can it not?

Pretty soon my brain can make no sense of any of it.

I remember the first time I contemplated infinitude. I was falling asleep one night in Cranford, NJ, at about age seven.

I couldn't make sense of illimitability then either.

But I digress.

I painted today. Some of the abundant energy of the universe flowed in and out of me in a steady stream.

Heaven!

She Doodled With a Fine-Tip
1.75 x 6"; acrylic and ink on drawing paper,
mounted on card stock
abstract
2018
[sold]

6 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Now you've got me thinking at 8 am. And that's too early for serious contemplation! I will admire this doodle instead. :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

ALWAYS choose doodling over thinking, Jen!

carol edan said...

When I open my browser my screen takes me to the infinity, my homepage is the image of the day from NASA!It is beyond comprehension! But your little gem captures all it's energy yet in the here and now!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Nothin' like a little shared infinity and energy, Carol! Thanks for your feedback.

Sheila said...

Harmonic convergence, stimulating simplicity. :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

w o w ! and thank you, Sheila!

Post a Comment