Wednesday, October 24, 2018

On Notice

Noticing.

Noticing how much of every day is given over to reacting.

Noticing how I see experiences as 'good' or 'bad.'

Noticing all the stories I make up.

Noticing how I attach myself to the good, the bad, the stories.

Noticing how tremendous is the challenge to let it all pass through.

---

I did paint a few times while in our log cabin in West Virginia. Today, I took one of those starts and made it into a finish—a bookmark!

Thornton Isn't the Only Place Anymore
1.75 x 6"; acrylic, latex, and collage on watercolor paper,
mounted on card stock
abstract bookmark
2018
[sold]

6 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

A really stunning bookmark, Dotty. The noticing...fully half of the solution, right? Once we are aware, we can no longer be unaware. I will follow your lead and will spend today noticing.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Glad you like the bookmark, Jen! I loved taking what I started in WV, adding acrylic skin and scribbles, and having this piece come to resolution—with a little bit of wu-wei in the process : )

I am grateful for noticing each and every time I notice.

carol edan said...

When I see your bookmarks I wonder what the partner book is! Stunning gems... my heads is spinning with all the philosophy! My new book has arrived finally, The Power of Your Other Hand. Hope it will help to try not to try. Will pick it at up at the post tomorrow YAY!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I hope my bookmark recipients will let me know what the partner books are. The matching is so much fun!

Let me know what you discover as your read The Power of Your Other Hand, Carol. Very eager to hear.

Sheila said...

Makes me feel as if I am looking up. Floating in a clear blue pool, and looking up at the sky light above. There is calm here, and soothing silence. Lovely :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Oh, I love that image, Sheila, of floating in a clear blue pool, and looking up at the sky light above! And I'm always happy for calm and soothing : )

Post a Comment