Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Thing about It

That was the thing about it. It was so unbelievably hard, and the learning curve was so steep that there was no way to do anything but figure out how to do it.

So says a character in a novel after the birth of her first baby.

So say I about painting!

Visited a Rockport Art Association exhibit recently. My eyes skipped over traditional landscapes, landing instead on abstract work. Really? My eyes?!

Returned home to paint from feeling, with no external reference in view.

So unbelievably hard for me, the learning curve so steep. No way to create from feeling but get in there and create from feeling.

Fiddled with paper and pastels first. Tapped into feeling. Sketched. Skidded from feeling to thinking. Stopped.




Got out my paints. Tapped into feeling. Pressed pause when head butted in.

Still in pause mode …

working title:  Strawberry Spinach Salad
6x6", acrylic on gessobord
2015
[not for sale]







No comments:

Post a Comment