Friday, July 10, 2015

Not for Naught

While in Virginia visiting Meg and family over Independence Day weekend, we set off towards a playground with the side agenda of my hoping to snag a few Shenandoah Valley scenes on my camera for later painting.  We misgauged our approaching-lunchtime blood sugar levels and the kids' tolerance for waiting in the car while I shot photos, and didn't plan at all for me to lose a favorite earring somewhere in the countryside.

However, the outing was not for naught.

Painting from one of those photos this week provided a powerful antidote to the homesickness I feel whenever we say goodbye to Meg, Michael, Caroline, and Emmy.  While I painted, I was with them again.

Another Way Home
6x6", acrylic on gessobord
landscape
2015
SOLD



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Was this the driveway we parked on while you took pictures at the lost-earring stop?

dotty seiter: now playing said...

It was! I'm grateful that some beauty and joy came out of that somewhat misbegotten outing!

Post a Comment