Monday, November 18, 2019

No Filter

rough day yesterday.
gray skies, 
gray spirits, 
heavy heart. 
an uproar 
of my own 
gray making. 

went into my studio, 
grabbed a finished painting, 
reached for gesso 
off a shelf.
and a brush.
painted right over 
that sucker.

black gesso. 
white gesso. 
whatever came to hand.

threw my raw feelings 
directly onto the canvas 
with no filter.

felt
much
better.


An Unrolled Bolt of Raw Feeling, Saturated with November
12 x 24"; acrylic, china marker, charcoal crayon, and collage on canvas
abstract
2019
SOLD



-------------
earlier history: see 2017 post


7 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

oh my. Dotty - this is intensely powerful. I absolutely cannot stop looking at it. Is it for sale?

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Jen, thank you, thank you, and yes!

Sheila said...

I find I am staring. I see spirit, and turmoil. Still staring.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, thank you!

Spirit, and turmoil. Yes! Grateful for your feedback. Very satisfying.

carol edan said...

What a grand title! What a history! Isn't it great that we can get those feelings out there and also create a work of art.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

oo, thanks for the nod to my title, Carool.

I had NO idea when I first began painting that canvases could have so much history.

YES, so awesome that we can shake off feelings with a paint brush, ease our burdened selves. AND create ART : )

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

message me the details! I want this!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Post a Comment