Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Running on Empty

Not for the first time at this point in any given astronomical year, I find myself running on empty, yearning for a snug little cave in which to curl up for a month or two.

This feeling was especially strong yesterday when I called the customer service number for an order gone wrong and was informed by a recorded voice that the wait time to speak with a representative was 209 minutes.

209.

Really???

Good night.

In the absence of a suitable cave, I picked up a paint brush.

 WIP, first marks
WIP, layers of greens
WIP, more color and texture
WIP, scribbles

8 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

209 minutes? That is criminal! But look what happened...scribbles! WOOT!

Simone said...

I understand your 'cave'-yearning!
And I absolutely love your Jackson-Pollock-like colour explosion. Again, it feels abstract and realistic at the same time to me!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Jen, at first I literally I couldn't even grasp what I was hearing when the computer voice said 209 minutes! Then, I burst out laughing and hung up. I was so grateful for the preposterousness; it brought me to my senses, and I got on with other things. And look what happened : )

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Hi, Simone! Thanks for your feedback about my Jackson-Pollock-like color explosion and my simultaneously-abstract-realistic outpouring. I was so glad to have a brush in my hand after many days away.

carol edan said...

Glad you used those 109 minutes doing something useful.... Christmas spirit shining through!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I'm still laughing about the 209-minute wait! I wish you could have seen my face when I heard that on my phone. Buh-bye!

Sheila said...

Ha ha... That looks like drizzled chocolate to me. Just the spirit of the candy laced season I suppose. ;)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, love that you see drizzled chocolate here: perfect!

Post a Comment